- Access: Providing opportunities to obtain information and utilize resources.
- Equity: Promoting equitable learning environments.
- Inclusion: Creating purposeful and engaging cultural experiences.
The Office of the Dean of Students provides services that assist all students in being engaged and successful members of the Georgia State community. The services include connecting students to campus resources, facilitating students in resolving issues and complaints, highlighting the values of the university community, encouraging student involvement and addressing emergency concerns.
Message from the Dean
I would like to personally welcome you to Georgia State and to the Division of Student Engagement and Programs. The Office of the Dean of Students has a long and rich history of supporting and advocating for students. Our guiding principles in Building a Culture of Care are Access, Equity, and Inclusion. The office assists students in the resolution of problems, mitigation of crisis, referral to campus resources and promotion of civic duty. In addition, the Office of the Dean of Students provides co-curricular experiences that support the growth and development of the students on campus. As you explore this website, you will find a myriad of programs, services and offices that will contribute to your success at Georgia State.
Please take the time to learn more about the various functions of the Office of the Dean of Students. Again, welcome to Georgia State and if you see me on campus please feel free to say hello! As an alum myself, I am never too busy to personally welcome you to the campus. Remember, we bleed blue at Georgia State!
- Dr. Michael Sanseviro
The Dean’s Certification request process has moved completely online. Request a Dean's Certification letter.
Email your statement explaining what occurred and your involvement in the situation by 9AM to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure you include your name, panther ID, and cell phone number. A Student Conduct staff member will reply to you and arrange a meeting time.
Contact the person who assigned the requirement to discuss alternative methods for completion. If you are unsure who to contact, email email@example.com. Online options are available to satisfy all requirements.
Information about Student Assistance through the Office of the Dean of Students is available on the Student Assistance page and you can connect with our staff virtually to review your circumstances and discuss what resources may be available to assist.
There are several forms and applications related to programs and procedures connected with the Office of the Dean of Students. Below is a quick list of links to various forms:
- Members of the academic community, students, faculty and staff are expected to report violations of these standards of academic conduct in accordance with the procedures articulated in the Policy on Academic Honesty: Notice of Academic Dishonesty.
- The university has established the policies and procedures that comprise the Student Code of Conduct to both promote the university mission and protect the rights of Students, faculty and staff. Report violations of the Student Code of Conduct on the Incident Report Form.
Email is the preferred method of communication, and email should be sent from your Georgia State student email account.