What is a Dean's Certification?
A Dean’s Certification is a letter commonly requested by third parties for a variety of reasons (e.g., transferring to another institution, admission to graduate/professional programs, state bar associations, government agencies, and for certain forms of employment) to determine whether a student (past or current) has a disciplinary record(s) on file with the Office of the Dean of Students.
What Information will be Released?
Information about released information can be found here.
How do I Request a Dean's Certification?
A request for a Dean’s Certification Letter is submitted online and is typically completed by the student who as part of the request process gives consent for GSU to release the information to a third party. However, some requests are received directly from third parties using uploaded verification forms that include the student’s signature granting permission for the release of information. For more information, please email the Office of the Dean of Students.
When requesting your Dean Certification on-line, please attach any accompanying forms from the institutions for which you are requesting Dean's Certification. Please note that your forms must be signed and dated before any information can be released.
Please include the following information with your form:
- Your full name while attending Georgia State University
- Panther ID number (or date of birth if you do not remember your Panther ID)
- Phone number and email address
- The form from the institution you are requesting information for
- An email address or physical address for where the form should go
- Your signature and date on the form (this is your permission to release the information). Note: The form cannot be submitted blank or processed without your signature.
What is the timeframe?
It will take approximately 2-3 business days to complete the certification forms and get them emailed or sent postal mail to the institution requesting the information.
If you have any questions about this process, please email the Office of the Dean of Students or call (404) 413-1515 during normal business hours, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.