What is a Dean's Certification?
A Dean's Certification is a letter of clearance verifying your prior (if applicable) disciplinary conduct. These letters are usually required by graduate/professional schools, state bar associations, government agencies, independent agencies when applying for admission or employment. These institutions will provide you with a form to complete, which provides a release to the Dean of Students office to complete. The Dean of Students office will fill out the form and attach a letter of clearance, if applicable.
When requesting your Dean Certification on-line, please attach any accompanying forms from the institutions for which you are requesting Dean's Certification. Please note that your forms must be signed and dated before any information can be released.
Please include the following information with your form:
- Your full name while attending Georgia State University
- Panther ID number (or date of birth if you do not remember your Panther ID)
- Phone number and email address
- The form from the institution you are requesting information for
- An email address or physical address for where the form should go
- Your signature and date on the form (this is your permission to release the information). Note: The form cannot be submitted blank or processed without your signature.
What is the timeframe?
It will take approximately 2-3 business days to complete the certification forms and get them emailed or sent postal mail to the institution requesting the information.
If you have any questions about this process, please email the Office of the Dean of Students or call (404) 413-1515 during normal business hours, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.